Partnership in Burkina Faso
GrainPro, Inc., a green, “not-only-for-profit” company, is driving a global revolution in safe storage and the drying of grains and seeds. Using the principles of Ultra Hermetic™ technology and modified atmospheres, GrainPro has grown to become a world-leader and a key proponent of the Second Green Revolution for – the proper storage, handling and distribution of food commodities.
GrainPro’s line of sustainable and environment-friendly storage and drying solutions are designed to reduce post-harvest losses of dry agricultural commodities. GrainPro’s solutions are certified-for-organic use and do not require the use of any toxic chemicals; thereby, increasing the global supply, reducing hunger, eliminating health risks, and improving smallholder farmers’ incomes.
Trusted worldwide, GrainPro’s solutions are used in more than 100 countries. GrainPro’s staff of experts and professionals work closely with development organizations, governments, non-profit groups and academic institutions.
Eradicating the cycle of hunger and poverty, especially in developing nations, is a huge challenge. GrainPro is doing its part to solve the problem, inspired by the idea of securing a brighter and a more food sufficient future.
About the RfP
GrainPro Africa intends to appoint a non-exclusive distributor to represent its operations in Burkina-Faso. The distributor will be focused on the grain sector, especially serving the smallholder farmers. The appointed distributor will have a thorough understanding of this sector. GrainPro will provide product training to the distributor’s team assigned to work with the GrainPro West Africa Regional Manager.
GrainPro will also offer a commission and good payment terms to the appointed distributor.
GrainPro Burkina-Faso Non-Exclusive Distributor Requirements
- Track record of registration and operational presence in Burkina-Faso.
- Presence of an existing or intention to build an in-country distribution network.
- Outline the team that will be dedicated to GrainPro representation in the country - including their CVs.
- Willingness to stock and market GrainPro products in the Burkinese market.
- Sufficient warehouse space to accommodate stock of GrainPro products ordered.
- Demonstrate understanding and experience in the Burkinese agriculture sector, specifically the grain sector. The experience should be through team or organization engagement in the sector, by trading, importing, exporting etc.
- Demonstrate established relationships within Burkinese agriculture value chain – financiers, policy makers, traders, farmers etc.
- Clearly demonstrate the ability to finance the distributorship contract
- Importation of GrainPro products will require the distributor to have access to foreign currency. Towards this, the potential distributor should demonstrate ability to access foreign currency for ease of doing business.
- Demonstrate ability to lobby and get Customs duty exemption for GrainPro products that are specifically focused in the Agriculture value chain.
Request for Proposal
GrainPro Africa is requesting interested organizations that meet the requirements to submit a proposal on how they are best suited to be GrainPro distributors in Burkina-Faso. The proposal should be structured to clearly address each of the requirements.
Submission and Review Process
- Interested organizations are requested to submit a Letter of Intent (LoI) by 7 June 2021 registering their interest to bid.
- A question and answer session, to provide a better understanding of GrainPro Africa will be scheduled on 9 June 2021 via Zoom, for the organizations that will have submitted LoI.
- The full proposals should be submitted on or before 18 June 2021 and addressed to: firstname.lastname@example.org, Olu Adeyemi (email@example.com) and Irene Madumadu (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Review, shortlisting and interviews with shortlisted organizations will be done by 30 June 2021.
- Negotiations and Contracting is expected to commence by early - July 2021.